We invite you to participate in the contest “Cook Romanian dishes with U.S. ingredients”. This contest aims to familiarize the Romanian public with American ingredients and gastronomy and has no commercial purpose.
- You must be a Romanian citizen, living in Romania.
- You must respect the guidelines for each stage of the contest and submit the recipe and the photographs illustrating its application before the specified deadline.
- The person who sends the photographs will be considered the participant and will be solely eligible to win the prize.
- Employees of the U.S. government and their family members cannot participate in this contest.
The contest will run for 6 weeks and consists of 3 stages. Each stage will be particularized according to the specific ingredients required and the winners of each stage will receive prizes from the FAS. The winner and the runner-up of each stage will receive invitations to a public event promoting American gastronomy where they will be offered certificates of acknowledgement.
- The use of American ingredients in the making of a Romanian dish;
- The successful representation of the cooking process in the photographs;
- The aesthetic appeal of the final product.
The jury is formed by representatives of the U.S. Foreign Agriculture Service, chef Ştefan Popescu and Prinţesa Polonic – Anca Lungu (food blogger).
How to Apply:
- Once each stage is announced on the U.S. Embassy’s Facebook page, participants have ten days to submit the photographs showing the preparation of a culinary product using the recommended theme.
- Take at least two photographs to showcase the process and the final product and send them at the e-mail address email@example.com with the subject line: Contest.
- The digital files must be 20 megabytes or smaller, at least 1,600 pixels wide (if a horizontal image) or 1,600 pixels tall (if a vertical image). Save it in a JPG or .jpeg format.
- If the photographs are received and you are registered as a contestant, you will receive a confirmation e-mail. If you do not receive a confirmation of your submission, call 021. 2003356 to find out how to re-send the photographs.
- The winners will be announced on the U.S. Embassy Facebook page and contacted by representatives of the U.S. Foreign Agriculture Service with details about the prizes.
- Registering in the contest is considered an implicit acceptance of the Requirements, Terms&Rights.
The food recipe must be one from Romanian gastronomy, but the food must be prepared using the American ingredient(s) specified in each stage of the contest.
Photos submitted must comply with the following requirements:
- be sexually explicit or suggestive, or derogatory of any ethnic, racial, gender, religious, professional or age group or the disabled, be pornographic, or contain nudity;
- promote alcohol, illegal drugs, tobacco, firearms/weapons (or the use of any of the foregoing), any activities that may appear unsafe or dangerous, or any particular political agenda or message;
- defame, misrepresent other people or companies;
- contain any prominent use of trademarks, logos or trade dress (such as distinctive packaging or building exteriors/interiors) owned by others as determined by the U.S. Embassy, Bucharest, or advertise or promote any brand or product of any kind, or contain any personal identification, such as license plate numbers, personal names, e-mail addresses or street addresses;
- contain prominent copyrighted materials owned by others (including photographs, sculptures, paintings and other works of art or images published on or in websites, television, movies or other media) as determined by the U.S. Embassy, Bucharest;
- contain materials embodying the names, likenesses, photographs, or other indicia identifying any person, living or dead without permission;
- communicate messages or images inconsistent with the positive images and/or goodwill to which the U.S. Embassy, Bucharest wishes to associate; and
- depict and cannot itself be in violation of any law or otherwise.
- depict or otherwise identify a minor unless a parent or legal guardian is the entrant.
- have signatures, dates, frames or other graphic marks or poor quality.
Terms & Rights
By entering you represent and warrant and agree that:
You have produced and submitted the Entry and all elements of your Entry are original, are not copied from any other work and do not infringe upon the rights of any third party. To the extent any elements were created by a third party (“Third Party Participant”), you own all right, title and interest to said elements which is part of your Entry to enable you to grant the rights granted herein.
You retain ownership of the Entry(ies) you submit, however, by entering you, on behalf of yourself and any Third Party Participants, grant the U.S. Embassy, Bucharest the perpetual, fully-paid, irrevocable, non-exclusive license to publish, reproduce, prepare derivative works of, distribute, display, exhibit, transmit, broadcast, televise, digitize, otherwise use, and permit others to use and perform throughout the world the essay and Entry in any manner, form, or format now or hereinafter created, including on the Internet, and for any purpose, including, but not limited to, advertising or promotion of Contest Entities and Contest all without further consent from or payment to you, including those Entry(ies) which were not selected. By submitting your Entry(ies), you agree that the U.S. Embassy Bucharest has no obligation to post or publish your Entry, that all such postings or publication, if any, will be in the U.S. Embassy, Bucharest’s sole discretion and that the posting or publication of a Entry does not guarantee the Entry will be selected as a winner.
By submitting an Entry, each entrant understands and grants to the U.S. Embassy, Bucharest permission for his/her Entry to be posted on the Embassy’s Facebook, YouTube, and web pages in perpetuity throughout the world for viewing by visitors to the Websites. The U.S. Embassy Bucharest is not responsible for any unauthorized third party use of any Entry. Entries will not be acknowledged and will not be received or held “in confidence” and a submission does not create a confidential relationship or obligation of secrecy between you and the U.S. Embassy, Bucharest or any of its affiliates.
Each Entry must not infringe upon the copyrights, trademarks, rights of privacy, publicity or other intellectual property or other rights of any person or entity. If the Entry contains any material or elements that are not owned by the entrant and/or which are subject to the rights of third parties, the entrant is responsible for obtaining, prior to submission of the Entry, any and all releases and consents necessary to permit the use and exhibition of the Entry by the U.S. Embassy, Bucharest in the manner set forth in these Official Rules. The U.S. Embassy, Bucharest reserves the right to request proof of these permissions in a form acceptable to them from any entrant at any time. By submitting an Entry, entrant warrants and represents that he/she consents to the submission and use of the Entry in the Contest, and to its posting on the US Embassy, Bucharest or other USG web pages.
The U.S. Embassy Bucharest reserves the right to disqualify any Entry for any reason, in its sole and absolute discretion. The U.S. Embassy Bucharest is under no obligation to disclose why an Entry has been disqualified other than the Entry was ineligible under these Official Rules. Furthermore, U.S. Embassy Bucharest reserves the right to not award any prize if, in its sole and absolute discretion, it does not receive a sufficient number of eligible and qualified entries in the entry period.