Last updated: 10/2022
The CDC’s Order requiring proof of vaccination for non-U.S. citizen nonimmigrants to travel to the United States is still in effect. For more information see Requirement for Proof of COVID-19 Vaccination for Air Passengers.
Check the CDC website for additional information and Frequently Asked Questions.
Entry and Exit Requirements
- Are there COVID-related entry requirements for U.S. citizens? No.
- Is a negative COVID-19 test (PCR and/or serology) required for entry? No.
- Are health screening procedures in place at airports and other ports of entry? No.
- Are U.S. citizens required to quarantine? Yes.
- There are some exceptions but in general, U.S. citizens must quarantine, if quarantine is recommended by a doctor.
- The list of accredited facilities in Romania certified for RT-PCT COVID-19 testing can be found on the website of the Romanian Ministry of Health at http://www.ms.ro/centre-testare/. These facilities will prioritize tests for hospitalized patients, individuals suspected of being infected with COVID-19 and individuals who are in a high risk group. Depending on their availability, they may perform testing on demand and may set the cost of the tests performed on demand. The cost of COVID-19 testing on demand varies between $15 – $40 and is paid for by the U.S. citizen.
- Test results are delivered by email and text message. Positive test results are also included in the database of the Romanian Department of Public Health.
COVID-19 Vaccine Information:
- Are vaccines available in ROMANIA for U.S. citizens to receive? Yes.
- According to Romanian authorities, COVID-19 vaccines are available for U.S. citizens with legal residence in Romania who are old enough to receive an approved vaccine.
- Visit the FDA’s website to learn more about FDA-approved vaccinesin the United States.
- Government of Romania’s official COVID-19 page
- Ministry of Public Health COVID-19 Guidance (http://www.ms.ro/coronavirus-covid-19/)
- Department of Public Health county offices (http://www.ms.ro/directiile-de-sanatate-publica-judetene-respectiv-a-municipiului-bucuresti-servicii-publice-deconcentrate/)
- Matei Bals National Institute of Infectious Disease – Bucharest (https://www.mateibals.ro/)
- Romanian Border Police (https://www.politiadefrontiera.ro/en/main/home.html)
- European Center for Disease Prevention and Control (https://www.ecdc.europa.eu/en/novel-coronavirus-china)
- Ministry of Interior Affairs (https://www.mai.gov.ro/utile/ (click on “Starea de Alerta”).
- Other links: