In this page you will be able to find solicitations issued by the Embassy of the United States of America in Bucharest for the acquisition of commodities and/or services.
The Procurement Section of the Embassy is the only office authorized to place orders for goods and services on behalf of the U.S. Government. All orders from other persons are considered unauthorized and private, and the Government accepts no responsibility for paying those orders.
The U.S. Embassy in Bucharest, General Services Office (GSO) Contracting and Procurement, seeks to enter into contracts with qualified reliable firms with sufficient resources, financing, and work experience for delivering and performing a variety of commodities and or services.
Companies wishing to do business with the Embassy should provide the Procurement Section with a copy of a Vendor Registration Form (.PDF File, 14 Kb), their references, company profile, brochures and catalogs in English. The documents should be in Acrobat PDF format and submitted to the address: BucharestVendors@state.gov.
How to Bid
Interested firms are invited to contact Procurement office at BucharestProcurement@state.gov in order to receive an electronic package of forms that will contain all the requirements of the project/ specifications of the commodities.
For high dollar amount contracts the package will consist of:
- A cover letter providing the contacts and phone numbers to arrange a site visit if applicable plus the bid submission due date;
- A Request for Quotation document that includes solicitation provisions and contract clauses, evaluation factors and award criteria;
- The statement of work/description of services/items specifications which explains in detail the Embassy requirements.
A Standard form (SF 1449) to be completed with the company contact information, unit prices and total amount of your bid.
- The Government does not make advance payments – payment is made exclusively after receipt of the goods/services;
- Payment is made by Electronic Funds Transfer (EFT);
- By U.S. law, the Embassy makes payment within 30 days from receipt of a proper invoice.
- Residential Make Ready Services
- Routine Water Sampling for Safe Drinking
- Welcome Kits
- Painting Services for Make Ready Process