Health Alert – U.S. Embassy Bucharest, Romania (April 1, 2020)
Event: TAROM and Wizz Air continue to offer flights from Bucharest to Amsterdam. British Airways has flights available on Thursday, Friday, and Saturday to London Heathrow. British Airways does not show any flights after Saturday. From either Amsterdam or London, travelers can then connect to the United States.
Travelers are reminded they must enter the United States at one of the 13 airports listed on the Department of Homeland Security website here: https://www.dhs.gov/news/2020/03/13/department-homeland-security-outlines-new-process-americans-returning-certain
U.S. citizens who intend travel to the United States should arrange for their immediate return while commercial departure options remain available unless they are prepared to remain abroad for an indefinite period.
The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) has issued a Level 3 Travel Notice for Romania as well as a Global Level 3 Travel Notice.
Actions to Take:
- U.S. citizens who live abroad should arrange for immediate return to the United States, unless they are prepared to remain abroad for an indefinite period.
- Visit the Otopeni “Henri Coanda” International Airport website for a schedule of departing flights and check with airlines for updated information about your travel plans.
- Consult the CDC website for the most up-to-date information and the CDC’s latest recommendations on what you can do to reduce your risk of contracting COVID-19.
- Visit the COVID-19 crisis page on travel.state.gov for the latest information.
- Visit our Embassy webpage on COVID-19 Information on conditions in Romania.
- Visit the Department of Homeland Security’s website on the latest travel restrictions to the U.S.
U.S. Embassy Bucharest, Romania
B-dul Dr. Liviu Librescu, nr 4-6
Section 1, 014118, Bucuresti
Embassy website: ro.usembassy.gov
State Department – Consular Affairs
888-407-4747 or 202-501-4444