“Corruption is an insidious plague that has a wide range of corrosive effects on societies,” writes former UN Secretary-General Kofi A. Annan in the Foreword to the United Nations Convention against Corruption, signed by most UN members. He explains that corruption undermines democracy and the rule of law, leads to violations of human rights, distorts markets, erodes the quality of life and allows organized crime, terrorism and other threats to human security to flourish. The Parties agree to promote and strengthen measures to prevent and combat corruption more efficiently and effectively, but as Kofi A. Annan points out, it is important that many more people become aware of the devastating effect that corruption has and that “Together, we can make a difference.”
If you believe you can make a difference and want to help inform people about corruption, join our infographic competition. We are looking for infographics created by you that inform about the different aspects of corruption, and the way we can fight it and prevent it.
You can win one of the following:
1 GoPro HERO 3 video camera
1 Kindle Paperwhite e-book reader
1 SONY Cybershot DSC-W830 digital camera
Additional prizes consisting in promotional materials to competitors may be awarded to other contestants should the jury find additional deserving submissions.
The winning infographics may be posted on the Embassy’s website and on social media platforms.
- Contestants must be Romanian nationals residing in Romania.
- The contest commences onAugust 1, 2017and closes at 23:59 on August 22, 2017. The person submitting the infographic will be considered the contestant and will be the only person eligible to compete for the prize.
- Employees of the U.S. Government and their families are not eligible to participate in this competition.
How to Enter:
- Design an infographic addressing the above-mentioned topic. Your submission should be your original work.
- E-mail your entry to email@example.com with the subject “Together, we can make a difference” no later than August 22, 2017 at midnight. Please name your infographic with your full name. If your entry is received and accepted, you will receive a confirmation e-mail. If you receive no confirmation, call 021.270.6183 for details on re-submission.
- Once you submit an infographic, it is considered a final submission and you may not modify, edit, or replace it. You may submit no more than five files, no bigger than 3MB each and only one will be eligible for a prize. Participation in this contest is automatically deemed as acceptance of these Official Contest Rules.
Selection of Winners: Judging Criteria
All infographics will be viewed by a panel of judges comprised of U.S. Embassy officers.
The criteria for judging in order of importance are:
1) Effectiveness in raising awareness about corruption
2) Visual quality
- be sexually explicit or suggestive, or derogatory of any ethnic, racial, gender, religious, professional or age group or the disabled, be pornographic, or contain nudity;
- promote alcohol, illegal drugs, tobacco, firearms/weapons (or the use of any of the foregoing), any activities that may appear unsafe or dangerous, or any particular political agenda or message;
- defame, misrepresent or contain disparaging remarks about other people or companies;
- contain any prominent use of trademarks, logos or trade dress (such as distinctive packaging or building exteriors/interiors) owned by others as determined by the U.S. Embassy, Bucharest, or advertise or promote any brand or product of any kind, or contain any personal identification, such as license plate numbers, personal names, e-mail addresses or street addresses;
- contain prominent copyrighted materials owned by others (including photographs, sculptures, paintings and other works of art or images published on or in websites, television, movies or other media) as determined by the U.S. Embassy, Bucharest;
- contain materials embodying the names, likenesses, photographs, or other indicia identifying any person, living or dead without permission;
- communicate messages or images inconsistent with the positive images and/or goodwill to which the U.S. Embassy, Bucharest wishes to associate;
- depict and cannot itself be in violation of any law or otherwise.
- depict or otherwise identify a minor unless a parent or legal guardian is the entrant.
Terms & Rights
By entering you represent and warrant and agree that:
You have produced and submitted the Entry and all elements of your Entry are original, are not copied from any other work and do not infringe upon the rights of any third party. To the extent any elements were created by a third party (“Third Party Participant”), you own all right, title and interest to said elements which is part of your Entry to enable you to grant the rights granted herein.
You retain ownership of the Entry(ies) you submit, however, by entering you, on behalf of yourself and any Third Party Participants, grant the U.S. Embassy, Bucharest the perpetual, fully-paid, irrevocable, non-exclusive license to publish, reproduce, prepare derivative works of, distribute, display, exhibit, transmit, broadcast, televise, digitize, otherwise use, and permit others to use and perform throughout the world the infographic and Entry in any manner, form, or format now or hereinafter created, including on the Internet, and for any purpose, including, but not limited to, advertising or promotion of Contest Entities and Contest all without further consent from or payment to you, including those Entry(ies) which were not selected. By submitting your Entry(ies), you agree that the U.S. Embassy, Bucharest has no obligation to post or publish your Entry, that all such postings or publication, if any, will be in the U.S. Embassy, Bucharest’s sole discretion and that the posting or publication of a Entry does not guarantee the Entry will be selected as a winner.
By submitting an Entry, each entrant understands and grants to the U.S. Embassy, Bucharest permission for his/her Entry to be posted on the Embassy’s Facebook, YouTube, Twitter, and web pages in perpetuity throughout the world for viewing by visitors to the Websites. The U.S. Embassy, Bucharest is not responsible for any unauthorized third party use of any Entry. Entries will not be acknowledged and will not be received or held “in confidence” and a submission does not create a confidential relationship or obligation of secrecy between you and the U.S. Embassy, Bucharest or any of its affiliates.
Each Entry must not infringe upon the copyrights, trademarks, rights of privacy, publicity or other intellectual property or other rights of any person or entity. If the Entry contains any material or elements that are not owned by the entrant and/or which are subject to the rights of third parties, the entrant is responsible for obtaining, prior to submission of the Entry, any and all releases and consents necessary to permit the use and exhibition of the Entry by the U.S. Embassy, Bucharest in the manner set forth in these Official Rules. The U.S. Embassy, Bucharest reserves the right to request proof of these permissions in a form acceptable to them from any entrant at any time. By submitting an Entry, entrant warrants and represents that he/she consents to the submission and use of the Entry in the Contest, and to its posting on the US Embassy, Bucharest or other USG web pages.
The U.S. Embassy Bucharest reserves the right to disqualify any Entry for any reason, in its sole and absolute discretion. The U.S. Embassy Bucharest is under no obligation to disclose why an Entry has been disqualified other than the Entry was ineligible under these Official Rules. Furthermore, U.S. Embassy Bucharest reserves the right to not award any prize if, in its sole and absolute discretion, it does not receive a sufficient number of eligible and qualified entries in the entry period.