You are required to furnish the following:
- Evidence of U.S. Citizenship – Such evidence may include but is not limited to: U.S. birth or naturalization certificate, Report of Birth Abroad or an expired U.S. passport.
- Valid, government issued photo I.D.(such as a U.S. or foreign passport, drivers licence or military I.D)
- One U.S. passport sized (2×2 inch) photograph – see our photo requirements for information. Photos which do not meet the requirements will be rejected.
- For applicants under 16, a birth certificate must also be presented. Attending parents must bring government issued photo I.D.
- Applicants aged 16-17 must be accompanied by a parent or legal guardian. The accompanying adult must bring government issued photo I.D.
- Form DS-11 (click to be taken to the form). Complete the form online, then print and submit to the Embassy. DO NOT mail this form to the United States and DO NOT sign it until asked to do so by the Consular Officer.
- Form DS-64: Statement Regarding Lost or Stolen Passport.This form will be automatically generated when you complete Form DS-11 and declare your passport lost/stolen;
- Your damaged U.S. passport, if applying for a replacement of a damaged or mutilated passport. U.S. passports that are damaged or in poor condition must be replaced, as they are no longer valid for travel. For security reasons, damaged passports may be retained by this office. Please note that your damaged U.S passport is not proof of citizenship or identity.
- The non-refundable application fee for a U.S. passport is $115.00 (for under 16s) or $145.00 (for over 16s). You will pay the fee in person to the Cashier at the time you appear at the Embassy. We accept cash payments in US dollars or Romanian lei. We cannot accept checks, but we do accept credit cards. You may pay using your VISA, Mastercard, Discover, Diners Club or American Express card. Please be advised that due to intermittent network connection issues we are sometimes unable to process credit card payments. There are no ATMs on site. To avoid potential delays in service, we encourage you to bring sufficient cash with you in the event that we are unable to process your payment via credit card.