Read the Department of State’s COVID-19 page before you plan any international travel.
The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) has issued a Level 3 Travel Health Notice for Romania due to COVID-19.
Improved conditions have been reported in Romania. Visit the Embassy’s COVID-19 page for more information on COVID-19 in Romania.
Read the country information page.
If you decide to travel to Romania:
- See the U.S. Embassy’s COVID-19 page.
- Visit the CDC’s webpage on Travel and COVID-19.
- Enroll in the Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive Alerts and make it easier to locate you in an emergency.
- Follow the Department of State on Facebook and Twitter.
- Review the Crime and Safety Report for Romania.
- U.S. citizens who travel abroad should always have a contingency plan for emergency situations. Review the Traveler’s Checklist.
- U.S. Embassy Bucharest, Romania
B-dul Dr. Liviu Librescu, nr 4-6
Section 1, 014118, Bucuresti
- Embassy website: ro.usembassy.gov
State Department – Consular Affairs
888-407-4747 or 202-501-4444
- Romania Country Information
- Enroll in Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive security updates
- Follow us on Facebook and Twitter