Travel Advisory: Romania – Level 4: Do Not Travel (Issued April 20, 2021)
Reissued with updates to COVID-19 information on April 20, 2021.
Do not travel to Romania due to COVID-19.
Read the Department of State’s COVID-19 page before you plan any international travel.
The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) has issued a Level 4 Travel Health
Notice for Romania due to COVID-19, indicating a very high level of COVID-19 in the country.
Visit the Embassy’s COVID-19 page for more information on COVID-19 in Romania. There are restrictions in place affecting U.S. citizen entry into Romania.
Read the country information page.
If you decide to travel to Romania:
- See the U.S. Embassy’s web page regarding COVID-19.
- Visit the CDC’s webpage on Travel and COVID-19.
- Enroll in the Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive Alerts and make it easier to locate you in an emergency.
- Follow the Department of State on Facebook and Twitter.
- Review the Crime and Safety Report for Romania.
- S. citizens who travel abroad should always have a contingency plan for emergency situations. Review the Traveler’s Checklist.
U.S. Embassy Bucharest, Romania
Embassy website: ro.usembassy.gov
State Department – Consular Affairs
888-407-4747 or 202-501-4444
Enroll in Smart Traveler Enrollment Program to receive security updates