ANNOUNCEMENT: The U.S. Embassy Bucharest, Romania is accepting online fee payments for adult U.S. passport renewal applications. Paying online allows you to mail your application to the U.S. Embassy without the need to apply in person. Please see our Renew a U.S. Passport for an adult page to determine if you are eligible for online fee payment.
Reminder for Dual National U.S. Citizens: Under 22 Code of Federal Regulations § 53.1 it is unlawful for a citizen of the United States, including dual-national citizens, to enter or depart, or attempt to enter or depart, the United States, without a valid U.S. passport. We urge all U.S. citizens to keep their U.S. passports current.
Social Security Number
Inclusion of a Social Security Number or an Application for a Social Security Number is now required for all passport applications. If you would like to apply for a U.S. passport, and you don’t have a Social Security Number, please click here.
Apply for a U.S. Passport:
- Renew a U.S. passport for an adult
- Renew a U.S. passport of a child under the age of 16
- Replace a lost, stolen or damaged passport
- Apply for the first U.S. adult passport – my last passport was issued before I was 16 or more than 15 years ago
- Report the birth of a child in Romania and apply for the first U.S. passport
- Emergency passport
- Second passport
Correct or Amend a U.S. Passport: