You are required to bring the following to your appointment:
- Your most recent U.S. passport;
- Form DS-11. Please complete the form on-line, then print and submit to the Embassy. DO NOT mail this form to the United States and DO NOT sign the form until requested to do so by a Consular Officer.
- One passport sized (2x2inch) photograph – see our photo requirementsfor information. Photos which do not meet the requirements will be rejected; Romanian size photos will not be accepted;
- Government issued photo I.D (such as U.S or foreign passport, driving licence or military I.D). A U.S. passport will meet this requirement if it is not expired;
- If your passport was issued more than 15 years ago, please provide 1-2 photographs per year from when your last passport was issued to present, to show how your appearance has changed (family or informal photos are acceptable);
- If you have changed your name since your previous U.S. passport was issued, you will be required to submit legal documentation (e.g. marriage certificate, Change of Name Deed) to prove this change;
- The non-refundable application fee for an adult U.S passport is $145.00. You will pay the fee in person to the Cashier at the time you appear at the Embassy. We accept cash payments in US dollars or Romanian lei. We cannot accept checks, but we do accept credit cards. You may pay using your VISA, Mastercard, Discover, Diners Club or American Express card. Please be advised that due to intermittent network connection issues we are sometimes unable to process credit card payments. There are no ATMs on site. To avoid potential delays in service, we encourage you to bring sufficient cash with you in the event that we are unable to process your payment via credit card.