You will need to bring the following:
- Your child’s most recent U.S. passport.
- Form DS-11. Complete the form online and print. Do not sign it. You are required to sign the form before a consular officer.
- One U.S. passport sized (2×2 inch) photograph – see our photo requirements for information. Photos which do not meet the requirements will be rejected. Romanian sized photos will not be accepted.
- If your child was under 5 at the time their last passport was issued, or his/her appearance has changes in the last five years, present 1-2 photographs per year from when that passport was issued to present (family or informal photographs are acceptable).
- Your child’s U.S. birth certificate or Consular Report of Birth Abroad, showing the parent’s name(s).
- Government issued photo I.D of parents (such as U.S or foreign passport, driving licence or military I.D).
- The non-refundable application fee for a U.S passport under 16 is $115.00. You will pay the fee in person to the cashier at the time you appear at the Embassy.We accept cash payments in US dollars or Romanian lei. We cannot accept checks, but we do accept credit cards. You may pay using your VISA, Mastercard, Discover, Diners Club or American Express card. Please be advised that due to intermittent network connection issues we are sometimes unable to process credit card payments. There are no ATMs on site. To avoid potential delays in service, we encourage you to bring the exact amount in cash with you in the event that we are unable to process your payment via credit card.