For those who require an in-person U.S. passport appointment, please consider the following:
- We will open new appointments as often as we can and reopen canceled appointments daily.
- If you are traveling in the next month and have been unable to find an appointment online, email us at ACSBucharest@state.gov and include:
- the reason why you request an appointment to appear in person (minor passport, first adult passport, last passport lost/stolen, etc.)
- the full names and dates of birth of everyone that will be attending the appointment (parents and minors for minor passport appointments)
- the expiration date of the passport, if you are filing for renewal of an expiring or expired passport
- your plane ticket or travel itinerary, clearly showing the dates of travel and the passengers traveling
- a telephone number that you may be contacted at.
To schedule a U.S. passport appointment online, please follow the instructions below:
- You may schedule one appointment per family (i.e. enter the name of an applicant and add + 1 adult, 2 children: 4 applicants).
- Enter a valid telephone number and email address where you would like to receive notifications concerning your appointment.
- If the appointment does not include any children applying for U.S. passports, enter the reason why you are requesting an in-person appointment in the field: Name of non-applicant who will be appearing for this appointment.
Once the appointment is scheduled, you should make a written note of the following information that will appear on the screen:
- The appointment confirmation number. You will not receive an email with your appointment confirmation.
- The date and time for your appointment.
- The appointment password. You will require the password if you need to cancel the appointment. No record of your password is kept at the Embassy.
If you are unable to keep your appointment, please reschedule or cancel as soon as possible. This will allow us to offer the spot to another customer.
To schedule an appointment please use the following link: US Passport Appointment. DO NOT use this link to make appointments for visa applicants or legal residents. Such appointments cannot be honored. To set an appointment for a visa applicant or legal permanent resident, please visit the Visas page and follow the instructions from the “Contact Us” box. Each applicant requiring a service at the Embassy must have a separate appointment.
You are not required to present a printout of the confirmation sheet on the day of the appointment as your name will be on the access list for that day, although you may wish to keep a copy for your records. Please arrive no earlier than 15 minutes prior to your appointment time.
There are two lines to enter the U.S. Embassy: one line is strictly for visa applicants; the other line is for American Citizen Service (ACS) customers and other visitors to the Embassy, and usually requires no waiting. Upon arrival at the Embassy for their appointment, U.S. citizens should go directly to the entrance – do not stand in the visa application line. Show your U.S. passport or other type of photo ID and your appointment confirmation sheet (if you were able to print it) to the local security guards. You will go through a security screening process before entering the Embassy grounds. Look for directions for ACS customers to enter the consular waiting room. Once inside the waiting room, take a number from the Qmatic “ACS” button and proceed toward window 14.
If you have immediate travel plans and have not been able to set an appointment online before your departure date, please contact the American Citizen Services to request an emergency appointment.
You can expect to be at the Embassy for approximately 1 hour depending on the number of customers. Please be aware that wait times may be longer for first time applicants.